Department of Radiology National Hospital Faculty of Health Sciences Copenhagen University, Denmark
Born 12. July 1956 in SWEDEN
MD from the University of Gothenburg, Sweden Qualified Radiologist Sweden/Norway/Denmark
Consultant Interventional Radiologist National Hospital
Professor Interventional Radiology National University Hospital Copenhagen DK
Editor for Acta Radiologica and JEVTM
• President and vice Persident of Seldinger Vascular Society SSVIR 2006-2013
• CIRSE Annual Meeting Local Organizer Gothenburg Sweden 2200 attendees 2002
• CIRSE Annual Meeting Local Organizer Copenhagen 5300 attendees 2008
• Course Director National Health Service Course A IR Radiology Denmark 2008-2019
• CIRSE Research and Educational Grant 2005
• Mediel Nordic Vascular Prize Award 2007
• EBIR European Board of Interventional Radiology 2011
Honorary Member Seldinger Society 2016
Lars Lönn graduated from Medical School at Göteborg University, Sweden 1981 and published his thesis entitled
”Hormonal Regulation on Body composition” 1998. He didmmost of his radiological training at the Sahlgrenska University Hospital.
Lars is the author or co-author of more than 220 peer reviewed publications, including endovascular surgery, interventional
radiology, vascular diseases, metabolism and virtual realitytraining. He is a reviewer several medical journals and current Editor for Acta Radiologica and JEVTM.
Main areas of his research include endovascular aortic repair as well as education within the IR field. He has many international assignments including CIRSE and EVSB. Lars has contributed to development of IR both in Sweden and Denmark, as professor of vascular surgery 2007-2016 and is
presently professor of interventional radiology in wonderful Copenhagen. He was the president of the Seldinger Society 2006-2013 and
2016 he was awarded honorary membership in the Seldinger Society.